Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations. Founded in 2007, Goodreads is where readers find and share books they love. Avid and casual readers alike discover new books by seeing what their friends are reading or by using the Goodreads Book Recommendation Engine; share ratings and recommendations, track what they have read, list what they want to read as well as connect with readers and authors. Goodreads is a subsidiary of Amazon.
At Goodreads, our core belief is the right book in the right hands at the right time can change the world.
Goodreads is looking for a highly qualified Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for driving Goodreads’ initiatives to make Kindle reading social. You will guide our transition to a microservices architecture, ensuring high quality APIs and level of service. You will also drive collaborations between Goodreads and other Amazon partners to bring Goodreads everywhere our readers want to find us. Your decisions and project leadership will benefit millions of customers and change the future of reading!
As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Provide project leadership for software solutions as applications are built and integrated into existing Goodreads and Amazon ecosystems, delivering goals efficiently
- Serve as the technical coordinator between Goodreads and other software development teams within Amazon to translate feature requests into technical specifications and ensure successful integration
- Engage with senior leadership and stakeholders across the company to define project priorities and requirements
- Maintain a complete, transparent project schedule and communicate to key stakeholders across Goodreads and Amazon
- Mentor high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement