Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design. The Role:
In this role, you'll craft our organization, its structure and processes with the goal of innovating and building novel hardware. You'll be the catalyst for our device hardware, product design, and reliability/supply chain organizations with successors in place and have the ability to take on a broader leadership role in a few years.
• You will recruit, manage and lead an elite hardware design team of electrical and mechanical engineers.
• You'll cooperate with the software, supply chain and business organizations in the U.S. and internationally to execute on the current product strategy and come up with beautiful, data driven approaches to influence key business decisions.
• Use high judgment to make decisions on how to accomplish and prioritize features, functions and new capabilities.
• Lead design reviews and technical innovation within your team.
• Cooperate with our operations team on factory test and build support.