Amazon is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to support and engineer the next generation of network, compute and storage platforms. Amazon’s Data Center Operations provides server and network support worldwide with focus on continuous improvement. We have high standards for our infrastructure as well as our employees, and our systems are highly reliable, highly available, and turn scale into an advantage for our business and an asset to our customers. Our employees are super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with.
As a Data Center System Administrator/Engineer you will:
- Have end to end ownership of major Systems engineering projects within the data center space
- Build and rollout of systems and networks across multiple global regions
- Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality
- Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems
- Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations
- Create and update our network and security standards and ensure that the network adheres these standards
- Review and implement changes to the systems and network utilizing thorough test plans
- Work closely with our automation teams to develop and assist in the tools we require
- Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our network quality and reliability
- Work with a wide range of complex technologies
- Work on a variety of hardware platforms across multiple vendors
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of delivering large-scale network engineering projects. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.