Amazon Delivery Experience is looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to develop a highly-visible and technically complex global delivery experience infrastructure to support a multi-billion dollar business for Amazon.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- Our mission is to provide the technical platform which enables delivery benefit programs across the retail website such as Prime, Fresh, Same Day, Core Free Shipping, etc to deliver their customer experience and benefits, which means millions of customers will be impacted by your contributions.
- The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on Amazon websites on numerous platforms (mobile/tablets, desktop, set top boxes, etc.).
- This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical organizations and product managers across Amazon – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- You will design new innovative solutions for our platform to meet delivery focused requirements based on Service-Oriented Architecture, that has a direct impact on customers.
- We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a lead developer and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will:
- Solve complex architecture and business problems in an extensible and simplified way
- Define and influence technical strategy and software architecture
- Innovate on and expand distributed systems
- Apply core software engineering skills daily – such as coding in Java, OO and systems design, and problem solving – while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills
- Be involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models that are used in Service Oriented Architecture
- Mentor other developers on the team or across teams