Amazon Business is re-inventing the way businesses shop. Launched in April of 2015, Amazon Business, exceeded $1B in sales in the first year. We are applying the same entrepreneurial and innovative approach that delivered the Amazon.com shopping experience, new technologies, products (like our Amazon Echo, Kindle e-readers, and tablets), and enterprise services (like Amazon Web Services). With our drive to reinvent on behalf of business customers, we are focused on building Amazon Business into the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world.
B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address the needs a vast market segment and customer base and is an area of investment for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to discover, research, and buy products and services. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between) from every industry vertical. To unlock the potential of that space, we are inventing new ways for our Retail organization to evolve and tackle B2B opportunities.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded Manager with broad leadership development experience, excellent people skills, and insatiable curiosity to join a growing team tasked with enabling Amazon’s Retail teams to develop the skills needed to win in the B2B space.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build and evolve learning solutions and talent processes, and influence the leadership development agenda. You will work closely with HR colleagues and business leaders to ensure continued alignment of people with programs that support talent management, employee development, and onboarding. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager with a background in Learning and Development who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment Key Responsibilities
- Conduct gap analysis and define functional B2B needs
- Develop and drive innovative Learning & Development strategy and organizational learning mechanisms
- Assess performance gaps, analyze learning needs, design and develop user-centric solutions.
- Measure and validate effectiveness of Learning team programs, driving continuous improvement across the team.
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, including content development, program updates, category and international expansion, etc…
- Continuously scale programs to expand scope of audience and learning areas ensuring we can deliver high quality programs quickly, getting maximum value from our constrained resources.
- Communicate team status and activity, providing appropriate visibility to stakeholders and leaders.