At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, EverQuest, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, Planetside, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, Bioshock and H1Z1.
· Design, develop and maintain a highly distributed, scalable multiplayer environment using high quality C++ code
· Implement distributed game simulation code that hides complexity from the game team developer
· Make architectural decisions on code and data that provide for long term maintenance and resilient operation of the game service
· Monitor, measure, and improve system stability and developer iteration time
· Proactively identify and solve problems before they affect the development team
· Work with game system teams to architect their systems for network play, advise and help with integration