We are looking for a smart and passionate person to join our Browse Taxonomy Team as a Taxonomist II. This person will help build and develop an intuitive and comprehensive navigation structure to optimize product discovery when searching and browsing on our site. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly and significantly impact the customer experience by making it easy and fun to shop for products on Amazon.com. As a Taxonomist II, you will have the opportunity to influence our customer shopping navigation design and improve internal data quality processes.
• Develop and design customer-friendly navigation experiences to organize our extensive product selection
• Influence peers and advise business partners on taxonomy and metadata solutions to aid in improving customer product discovery
• Train and develop peers in improving taxonomy design and implementation challenges
• Independently manage medium and large projects; participate in planning and scoping of most project work
• Participate in and help develop team operational excellence programs
• Work with global team of taxonomists to significantly contribute to process and site improvement efforts