Amazon Prime aims to become Earth’s largest and most loved membership program. Where do we currently stand? Ten years, tens of millions of members, ten countries - delivering much loved benefits including fast free shipping, exclusive selection and pricing, early access to deals, extensive Prime Video (including award-winning Amazon Originals), Prime Music and Prime Reading libraries, accessible across all your devices. We even invented a new global shopping day – Prime Day – and further changed the shopping landscape. By creating benefits that encourage high engagement and high spend (directly or indirectly), Prime has become one of the largest flywheels driving Amazon’s continued and rapid growth.
However we are far from done, and we need to continue inventing on behalf of our members globally to maintain our place as a relevant, crucial and irreplaceable component of their lives literally from cradle to grave. We will never stop improving the existing portfolio of benefits, or inventing and adding incredible new ones. All these efforts pay dividends by driving more share of wallet, attracting more members from underpenetrated segments, and driving Amazon forward. Prime is at the epicenter of Amazon, and you will quickly find that you are in a very high profile role engaging with teams from Prime, Retail, Shipping, Video, Music, Kindle and Business Development to name a few plus of course country teams around the globe.
We are looking for a customer obsessed and results-oriented product thought-leader to research and incubate strategic Prime benefits, from idea through PR FAQ to launch, leading a team of product managers and partnering across Amazon with amazing teams and businesses who want collaborate to launch Prime benefits.
Success in this role requires a global and local focus—working across Amazon country, technology, legal, finance, product and marketing teams to create great benefits while walking in the shoes of customers at a country level to ensure we only launch great experiences.
Ideal candidates will have a strong bias for action, while earning trust through their desire to learn and be curious, invent and simplify while raising the bar by insisting on the highest standards and working back from the customer. Given the number of teams involved in each benefit it will also be very important to operationally very strong – managing a large number of relationships across many teams.
As a Sr.PM, Prime Benefits, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of product managers
- Identify promising ideas and cultivating through PR FAQ stages through to approval, funding, then development and launch.
- Own the Prime Innovation Process for shaping and cultivating ideas for new or improved benefits – giving a voice to the customer, businesses and innovators across the company within a framework that quickly separates the ideas that will drive member growth (especially from under-penetrated segments), retention and per member OPS - and those that will not.
- Work with digital teams to cultivate new benefits and experiences
- Be a leader across peers, be inspiring, be the person other teams love to work with.