Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Transportation Services Finance
Amazon's North America Sort Center Finance team is looking for an experienced and motivated Business Intelligence Engineer/ Business Analyst with outstanding leadership skills, proven ability to develop and enhance reporting and planning capabilities using data analytics. The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution.
The position will partner with Business Intelligence, Field Operations, Transportation, Last Mile Delivery, Topology and Technology teams to design and develop short term and long term financial reporting and planning models. This role will also build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data to determine root cause of changes, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
A qualified candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage and develop medium to large-scale data tables, identify requirements and build financial reporting and planning models/tools that are statistically grounded but also explainable operationally, apply technical skills allowing the models to adapt to changing attributes, optimize forecast accuracy and to better understand and mitigate model variance drivers. In addition to building data tables, modeling and technical skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, strong focus on internal customers and professional demeanor and high intellectual curiosity with ability to learn new concepts/frameworks, algorithms and technology rapidly as changes arise.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Manipulating/mining data from databases ( SQL Server, Redshift, Oracle DW)
- Create automated metrics using complex databases
- Providing analytical network support
- Root cause research to identify process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdown
- Collaborate with BI/Data Engineer teams and drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources to continually improve data quality
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- 3+ years of strong quantitative and qualitative experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering or Business experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, Logistics/Transportation or related industry experience
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and demand modeling
- Experience in Statistical Software such as R, SAS, SPSS, MINITAB
- Proficiency with TABLEAU, Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, pivot tables, creating macros, and visual basic knowledge
- Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)
- Experience using one or more Python, VBA, MATLAB, Java, C++ programming languages
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
- Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or other technical field from an accredited university
- Familiarity with the processes used in Amazon fulfillment network
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.
- Experience with Amazon Quality operations and/or Standard Work
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation