Help mold the future of Alexa, voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. If you're an experienced manager and have the right blend of tech skills, passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, this may be the role for you!
We are looking for a manager of Alexa Solutions Architects to inspire developers worldwide on the opportunities with Alexa and voice user experiences. This community of developers is made up of professional developers, students, hobbyists and partners. Voice User Interface (VUI) design is relatively new and this role will be on the forefront of teaching Alexa skill builders.
The right candidate will have a passion and/or expertise in new UI paradigms, web services, the Internet of Things, and consumer devices of all types. Solutions Architects represent Amazon by teaching people to build Alexa skills at hackathons, training workshops, and webinars. So the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills that will allow them to engage hundreds of people at once or drive in-depth discussions with designers and developers. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges so that they can provide input back to our product teams and help shape the platform.
- Build strategy to foster a robust developer community, collect valuable feedback, and champion developer needs internally.
- Lead the team to create training materials including code samples, tutorials, and inspirational projects.
- Serve as a thought leader externally and internally, providing guidance on best practices, industry trends, and future potential.
- Coach team members to build connections with influencers in the IoT industry, and represent Amazon with partners, customers and industry associations.
- Engage with developers by speaking at and attending conferences, speaking at meet-ups.
- Educate developers on our platform through technical workshops or hackathons.
- Create technical resources that can be used by other developers.
- Serve as the public face of the Alexa platform on social media, including Twitter, YouTube, and the blog.