Want to transform the way people enjoy music, radio, books and video? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, Live radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, Alexa on Fire TV and more available to Alexa customers. We are innovating on and changing the way our customers interact with media services and devices!
On the Alexa Entertainment Team, you will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses working with multiple teams across multiple products and platforms, engineering development support, and business decision making support. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
Come join us as we build the Voice OS for Entertainment in the home. We’re breaking new ground and need your help to bring our vision to reality.
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl or shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
- Work with development teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set
- Working with Knowledge Engineers to automate knowledge engineering tasks and grow the knowledge base
- Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration
- Working with and maintaining a large existing code base as well as new components; maintaining production code and contributing to deployment and QA processes
- Participation in estimation and sprint planning
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation