Amazon.com is seeking a highly intelligent, self-motivated, and creative public relations professional to join our PR team in Seattle. As a PR Manager for speech science, you will work with the Amazon Devices PR team and key business leaders in Amazon’s speech science organization to imagine, develop and execute communications programs designed to educate the press about the science behind Amazon Alexa. Alexa is Amazon’s cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo, and this is an opportunity to be a part of a team that is building an exciting new Amazon business in voice. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as PR business partner for the speech science leadership team.
- Support in the creation and implementation of strategic PR plans that drive awareness for Alexa Machine Learning and AI.
- Drive proactive press coverage for the science behind Amazon Alexa
- Write press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key media.
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns.
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
- Support development and execution of events and media engagements.
- Effectively represent Amazon as spokesperson.
- Help manage external PR agencies.
- Provide strategic counsel to executives.
**This position can sit out of Seattle, WA or
Boston, MA (depending upon candidate preference)**