Amazon Web Services is searching for industry-leading Network Engineers to join our Network Reliability Engineering team. We own the performance and availability of the global networks that power Amazon Web Services. We push our networks to their limit; traditional network vendors simply cannot deliver cost effective solutions capable of meeting our requirements for capacity, availability, or performance. In AWS Networking, we invent, design, refine and then we invent again.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of operating large networks and/or designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help shape the direction of one of the largest and fastest growing cloud networks in the world.
- As a Network Engineer working in AWS Networking you will have end-to-end ownership of our current and newly developing networks
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Work closely with our software developers to fully automate network deployment and operations
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Review and implement changes on the network