Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. As a part of AWS, Amazon EC2 enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to help us grow our enterprise customers by accelerating adoption of Microsoft Windows, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory or custom .Net Applications running on Amazon EC2. We need a product manager with both the technical background to develop enterprise solutions, as well as the business and market savvy to drive go-to-market strategies to help position Amazon as the cloud provider of choice for Windows Server solution. As a member of the worldwide leader for this fast growing, exciting space you will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of a service category that will have a significant impact on our customers global computing model.
You will use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop and own sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers and valued partners. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality, and then develop these customer stories to share with others. You will also aggregate feedback from the end user community and help refine the features by collaborating with the Product and Engineering teams.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the enterprise sales cycle and enterprise licensing agreements, cloud economics and the enterprise customer’s journey to the cloud. The candidate must have a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the EC2 Enterprise Product Management team focused on developing revenue growth strategies, sales adoption programs, pricing strategies, and marketing for Microsoft Windows on AWS.
- Define and execute new customer adoption programs
- Coach and enable sales teams
- Understand customer use cases and develop compelling value propositions around these use cases
- Help define and prioritize the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target, and develop the customer references to grow these segments.
- Execute the strategic growth plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, marketing, support, etc.).
- Understand the technical and business requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks, and action plans.