At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers
with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses. There are two roles inherent in this post. A recruiting coordinator role and a sourcer role.
Our Recruiting Coordinator
(RC) works closely with a team of recruiters in a fast-paced recruiting organization. The RC is an integral partner in managing recruiting activities and building candidate relationships; often providing candidates with their first impression of Amazon. This candidate will be an organizational guru, work effectively with internal and external clients and candidates, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to broaden their experience and work in a top recruiting organization.
• Scheduling interviews and phone screens working directly with candidates and hiring managers, in some cases arranging travel for visiting candidates
• Updating candidate records and job postings in recruiting systems and confirming new hires
• Providing follow-up correspondence to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email
• Tracking recruiting activities and providing candidate status in a weekly report
• Coordinating the post-interview debrief meetings and providing debrief materials
• Identifying opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
• Assisting in the coordination of other recruiting activities as needed
As a Sourcing Recruiter
, you will partner closely with our business leaders and recruiters to craft and drive a recruiting strategy to attract the most talented people in the industry and the world.
In this job you will enjoy:
- creating strategies (staffing plans, events strategies, sourcing strategies)
- building relationships with candidates, providing them a world-class candidate experience, and helping them land in the right role at Amazon
- keeping your finger on the pulse of the industry and advising the business and recruiting team on when and whom we should be recruiting and why
- diving deep into our recruiting data to understand trends and opportunities
- thinking big about how attract talent to Amazon and then putting plans in place to deliver on your ideas
- partnering with your peer sourcing recruiters, HR business partners, and other recruiters throughout the company
- having fun (we have a lot of laughs, share a ridiculous number of internet memes, play some games, and generally have a really good time)
To do the above really well, we would like you to have:
- Some experience in the games industry
- Savvy negotiation skills
- An insatiable will to get stuff done
- A track record of taking the right big risks
- Extreme attention to detail
- The ability to navigate uncharted waters
- The ability to dig deep into data and influence with it
- Experience mentoring more junior team members
- A highly-collaborative nature