Amazon Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Amazon Video team delivers high-quality video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon Video Direct (AVD) has recently launched a platform that enables independent and professional video creators to reach millions of Amazon customers globally with the same monetization options and delivery quality available to major studios – and the reception has been incredible. We are growing quickly with a global focus on helping video providers be successful on the Amazon Video service. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We'd love to have you join us and build the systems, services, and applications to detect risk in content being shown on Amazon Video that can be offensive, inappropriate or disappointing. Get creative, build pattern matching algorithms, use advanced machine learning and data mining techniques, and help us build a responsive infrastructure to flag and filter content that does not meet our policy guidelines. We build huge scale distributed systems on the AWS cloud to make sure our service is always reliable for our customers. We use computer vision and machine learning techniques to build rich metadata about videos, and partner closely with teams like IMDb to let customers explore deeper into the TV and movies they love. In short, we have exciting challenges in an industry that’s doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it.
We have an ambitious charter, and on this team you’ll be able to get your hands on lots of technologies. Above all, you’ll be leading the design and implementation of new scalable services, but you will also have the opportunity to work on a provider facing API stack, industry leading metadata and asset delivery solutions, large scale data analysis, and machine learning systems. We are investing heavily in these areas as we continue to grow at scale, processing large amounts of data to make sure Amazon customers discover content they care about. You'll get to build on top of Amazon’s vast development infrastructure, including AWS as well as internal tools for setting up continuous deployment and real-time monitoring. We support all Amazon Video providers, and work closely with key partners, internal Amazon teams, and external services.
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our people will grow with it.
The Senior Engineer for AVD will influence many parts of the ecosystem, and will lead efforts to solve many difficult problems across multiple teams. The engineer will represent AV to internal and external partners, and will be a leader in the digital community. This person will drive innovation across the AV service while setting engineering standards across the AVD organization.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in building highly distributed systems
- Interest in Machine Learning
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Data mining at scale and analysis platform experience
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Team player who thrives on working hard, getting stuff done, and having fun!
We're going to experiment like crazy. We're going to also help other teams in AV experiment and automate the manual processes for validation and moderation at scale.Amazon Video (AV). Big data. Machine learning. Predictive analytics. Millions of customers. Big data, pattern matching, content risk detection system at large scale. Brand new team building from ground up. Clean code. Continuous deployment. Great co-workers. Fun team. Come join us.