You have super powers. Use them for good. We catch bad guys and stop online fraud. It’s fun. It’s hard. It matters. We need you.
Amazon’s Seller Fraud Prevention team is engaged in a technological arms race: cyber-criminals from across the world continually look for new ways to steal from us and cover their tracks, while we invent new techniques to detect and neutralize them with ever increasing speed and scale.
It’s fun. We don’t just catch the bad guys; we stop crimes before they happen. Remember the "Minority Report"? It’s just like that. Basically, we predict the future by developing and applying cutting-edge machine learning systems to detect, predict, and prevent online fraud before it happens.
It’s hard. This is Amazon, so of course our services are low latency, high throughput, highly scalable, and failure proof. Our fraud prevention systems are also highly reactive: we process multiple terabytes of data yet notice changes in individual behavior patterns in seconds. Even by Amazon standards, our datasets are massive and our transaction rates impressive, and everything is built with a scrupulous attention to security.
It matters. Amazon is one of the world’s most trusted companies. Consider the implications of losing that trust. Third-party sellers account for nearly half the items purchased on Amazon. This nearly always goes smoothly; but when sellers cheat buyers, everyone loses. Even after we refund their money, buyers are less likely to shop at Amazon in the future. Legitimate sellers lose potential sales and are less likely to sell on Amazon. And of course, the money Amazon pays in refunds and chargebacks goes straight to our bottom line and ultimately results in higher prices for all our customers.
We need you.
- You bring extensive experience in defining products and programs, effectively communicate strategic initiatives to business leaders, and are able to work with business, engineering, and operations teams.
- You live and breathe data. You are data driven and have extensive experience in data analytics, and are passionate about finding root causes and trends independently. You use data to support your ideas, drive actionable outcomes, and identify opportunities for partnerships across Amazon.
- You bring a unique combination of business and technical skills. You provide the right amount of information and insights to business teams and are also able to dive deep to have a thorough understanding of the projects.
- You are very comfortable juggling competing priorities and handling ambiguity. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives.
- You are willing to “get your hands dirty” in a start-up environment to act as change agent and create new applications, tools, processes, and reports as needed.
Amazon is one of the world’s most trusted companies. Help us keep it that way.