Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented, self-directed Principal Digital Marketing Manager to drive the creation of digital marketing assets, and the deployment of digital marketing campaigns, through a proactive, data-driven approach. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in an exciting, fast-growing business.
The person in this role will work in conjunction with the team’s Campaign Managers/Content Marketers and other business partners to translate marketing objectives into digital tactics, aimed at driving marketing qualified leads and sales qualified leads, in addition to increasing awareness, and product adoption. This person will take a test and learn approach to their daily work, and will regularly experiment with new channels and campaign tactics, as well as new types of campaign offers. This person should be very metrics-oriented, capable of creating, analyzing, and interpreting data-heavy reports, and translating the results into campaign best practices, as well as future campaign actions.
Much of this person’s day-to-day work will center around creating digital marketing strategies and plans, as well as on creating and managing digital assets, such as email, social media posts, articles, web pages and landing experiences.
Candidates must have an obsession with leveraging data for the purposes of analyzing campaign response patterns, with an eye toward optimizing the usage of each digital channel. The successful candidate will have strong operational skills, and knowledge of tracking and attribution, in order to assess the campaign performance globally, and to be able to synthesize and communicate how the organization can improve campaign performance on-going. This person will also be expected to regularly review leads and lead flow in Salesforce, and create associated reports and data visualizations. Job Responsibilities
- Create the Campaigns team’s digital marketing communication strategy, and campaigns channel activation strategy.
- Define and manage the creation of campaigns-related digital assets, and manage the digital asset store
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies, and execute on those strategies in conjunction with other team members
- Work with Campaign Managers to address needs for data acquisition and cleansing, and execute on the strategies in conjunction with Operations team members
- Design, write and test highly effective email programs to improve demand generation and attendee communications.
- Use data and testing to optimize and improve email content and targeting for all communications.
- Build web-based deliverables; test and optimize user journeys
- Partner with internal teams to develop marketing plans that improve the event experience, and optimize pre- and post-event communications
- Measure and report performance of digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs); optimize key metrics across the campaign lifecycle
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Activate content in multiple campaign channels, ensuring proper tracking and reporting for effectiveness. Guide other team members on campaign tracking, lead scoring, and reporting best practices
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate