Amazon Media Group (AMG) operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers across Amazon’s ecosystem of mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices and the Amazon Advertising Platform. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. We believe that advertising, when done well, can enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
The Advertising team is looking for an experienced senior leader for our global Ad Operations teams who help support the design and execution of our Display advertising campaigns. This individual will lead a motivated team in diverse locations to achieve world class service goals for Advertising Services.
This critical role leads a team who empowers advertisers to achieve their goals while gathering and representing their changing needs to internal company teams.
Key responsibilities will include a mix of:
- Daily operations management of global advertising campaign execution and design services
- Process optimization, improvement and invention using Lean and Six Sigma tools as well as software automation.
- Ownership of the behind-the-scenes systems including business planning and analysis, workflow planning, quality auditing.
- Leadership of scalable strategies for accelerating new hire onboarding and support for new advertising products and platforms
Key expectations are:
- The successful candidate will be extremely customer focused on providing world class service to advertising business. They will be a hands-on, detailed-oriented individual with a curious mind.
- They will instrument and automate rigor around operational workflows, ensuring that we manage to SLA, efficiency and quality goals. Meanwhile, they'll also develop capacity models that ensure our staffing levels and support structure meet the business demands.
- They will drive the long term strategy for advertising operations as the business continues to grow, ensuring we drive simplification and automation of eligible workflows.
- They will understand and demonstrate Amazon’s core values and Leadership Principles and translate those to everyday operational practices at every level of their organization.
- They will set the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the teams under their management including hiring, developing and mentoring long term, visionary leaders for Amazon.
- They will have an ability to understand technical systems in a complex systems environment across multiple products, platforms and geographies.
- They will demonstrate clear written and oral communication with an emotional maturity and grace under pressure.