Amazon.com has launched a new service called Transparency which is sold to popular brands who seek to prevent counterfeit items from entering the supply chain. It’s Day 1 for this new service and we’re looking to build a team who want to be part of solving a 1.7 Trillion dollar global, retail industry challenge. This service is intended to address global counterfeit concerns across all retail channels.
Goal of this team is to build a new software service that allows brands and manufacturers to prevent counterfeit items from entering the supply the chain. The vision for this service is to be the standard for global, retail agnostic, track and trace and beyond Amazon scale. It will disrupt the way consumers search for products based on their authenticity and transparency in origin and materials used in manufacturing.
You will be part of building a highly scalable service and redefining industry standards for item level tracing. You will also gain exposure to various AWS services that this service is being built on, such as: DynamoDB, Redshift, Lambda, Firehose, S3/Glacier, Cognito, SNS and others. This service is also integrated with various Amazon internal systems workflows related to Vendors, Sellers and Fulfillment technologies as well as direct customer facing systems such as product detail pages and the Amazon shopping app.
As the Software Development Engineer, you will help define software architecture, and implement it. You will also work closely with your product and development counterparts to make sure we incorporate customer input into our new service and define requirements to meet technical options. Since this is a completely new business area for Amazon, you will have a unique opportunity to define our system, architecture and product from infancy, turning a vision into a live product. We are a small team focused on moving fast. We have a great engineering talent and are looking to leverage it to quickly iterate on product and design solutions. As the Software Development Engineer it will be your job to make sure we deliver quickly to get market signals that will further guide our efforts. In addition you will need to make sure we not only move fast but also build solutions that are forward looking and can scale with limited re-engineering.
- Lead coding and software development of a complex, cross-functional, customer facing program.
- Design and implement system architecture and underlying components.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Work effectively with team members to gain consensus on technical decisions and execute them. We have a big task and collaboration with other development engineers is key for success.
- Ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.