The Household Organization team is focused on making Alexa the best assistant to simplify life - helping families stay organized and connected to each other and making life run a little more smoothly. From setting timers while cooking to checking daily schedules and waking up to Alexa’s alarm tone, we help customers manage their time more easily using only their voice. We also help customers get things done and keep their lives in order with services like shopping and to-do lists that are becoming daily habits for people.
As a Data Scientist in our Spoken Language Understanding team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our spoken language understanding models. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
- Develop scalable data processing pipelines
- Perform exploratory data analysis and develop predictive models
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Build and release language models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds to find effective solutions to technical challenges
- Present proposals and findings from complex analysis and modeling in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
- Provide input for product road-maps