At Amazon, our goal is to create great games that are as much fun to watch as they are to play. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
As a Engineering Manager, you will be part of a team creating engaging, connected experiences that push the boundaries of what’s possible. You will provide technical leadership and management to a growing engineering team. You will be responsible for working with the Technical Director and engineering leads to define and execute the project technical vision, build the technology stack, develop the team’s capabilities, and lead by example to create innovative and exciting new AAA gaming experiences for our customers.
- Dive deep to understand problem spaces, architect sensible solutions and roadmaps, and work across the organization to drive solutions to completion at a high quality level
- Work closely with the game stakeholders to understand and evolve the product vision, then work with your team to execute on that vision
- Be a role-model for the programmers by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback and guidance, and developing your team through training, mentorship and 1-on-1’s
- Be well aware of the ‘state of the art’ and assess new trends and emerging technologies
- Work with production to define and own team roadmaps, ingest feedback, fix bugs and ensure the team can deliver on its commitments
- Drive improvements to our development and deployment tools and processes to ensure quality results and efficient working practices