At Amazon, our goal is to develop groundbreaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, that redefine the boundaries of player experience and that change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, Bioshock and Sunset Overdrive. We believe in a future of immersive, highly engaging game experiences that will collectively cut across age, gender, and nationality. You share our belief and are among the top few technical elite in the world. Amazon Game Studios is looking to take risks and invent! We want people that are driven to make the best games in the industry
Crucible is a battle to the last survivor on a hostile alien world. Players choose and customize heroes, making alliances and betraying allies on their path to victory. An additional player heightens the drama by triggering events, live-streaming the battles, and interacting with viewers.
As a Live Services Engineer you will develop of services and platforms to power the next generation of gaming experiences. You have a passion for the back-end foundation that powers a game, having experience in multi-player server development, state/data storage, scalability, and integration with client game engines. You are a recognized leader on your development team and actively mentor junior members of your team.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining server side game logic and platform services that are consumed by large games.
- Work closely with front-end game developers, game designers, and product owners to provide service abstractions.
- Solve difficult problems that are often not well defined by writing elegant and practical code.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Drive the architecture and design of Amazon Game Studio’s platform.
- Be a champion for your customers: Insist on the highest standards to create the best user experience possible.
- Mentor junior members of the team