Want to help build Earth’s leading e-commerce finance team?
At Amazon, it’s our goal to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for the most exceptional finance professionals to join our Hardlines Finance team. The Hardlines business group is one of Amazon's four core retail businesses, along with Consumables, Softlines, and Media.
Hardlines encompasses a vast and growing range of businesses from multi-billion dollar categories like Consumer Electronics, Toys and Home to new businesses like Treasure Truck; stand-alone subsidiaries like Fabric.com and Woot.com; cross portfolio centers of excellence such as Private Brands, and the new B2B channel, Amazon Business, that's building on all the things consumers love about Amazon to deliver a unique and compelling range of products and services specifically tailored for business customers.
The Hardlines Finance team plays a critical leadership role partnering with the category leaders, operations and technology teams to continuously innovate, delight customers, grow and optimize their businesses for long term free cash flow. If you have a bias for action, can think big but also dive deep and don't settle for second best, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Sr Finance Manager to lead the Hardlines Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. This is an exciting opportunity that blends an individual's desire to drive business decision making with their finance acumen while supporting fast growing businesses at Amazon. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior leadership team to provide strategic guidance and decision support in this rapidly evolving space. Primary responsibilities:
· Partner with Consumer FP&A and Hardlines Finance teams to drive a proactive rhythm of the business, forward looking calendar and deliverables, and process structure for the broader team
· Drive the core financial processes across all Hardlines categories including Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Guidance cycles, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
· Work with the accounting team to complete the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes and understand variances to plan
· Perform financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling using a broad range of tools including Excel
· Facilitate financial reviews with business groups and work with business leaders to ensure effective financial performance and cost management
· Complete complex business modeling and analysis to drive revenue growth, identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments (ROI/NPV)
· Work closely with the leadership team to provide strategic guidance and decision support in this rapidly evolving space
· Lead, manage, and develop the Finance team, building an organization that will scale with a rapidly growing business
· Raise the bar on hiring, developing, and retaining the best talent to continue building our world class Finance team