Amazon Web Services has re-invented the way customers use and deliver IT services. AWS is a huge growth driver of Amazon.com’s overall business. AWS’s revenue has grown from $3B in 2013 to $12B in 2016. We work with the worlds largest enterprises and most innovative startups to transform how they leverage IT to better serve their customers and drive their growth.
Would you like to support driving the revenue for Amazon Web Services, a market-leading cloud offering? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging with customers and driving high level business discussions? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
Our Business Development (BD) team focuses driving cutting edge activity across our customers – onboarding lighthouse customers and workloads, driving adoption by the largest and most influential VC portfolio customers, driving Industry and Enterprise strategy and adoption to position AWS as the leader for customers. As a General Manager of AWS BD Tooling you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and accelerate adoption of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. Our products are built for scale to collect, aggregate and analyze feedback across hundreds of thousands of customers, allowing the sales teams and AWS product teams to make better and faster data driven decisions. We are looking for someone serve as the single threaded leader for our BD product and engineering teams. This includes setting the overall vision and scope for both the team and the products we’re developing to increase our team’s productivity, and solve customer pain points. This role has high visibility and interactions with senior stakeholders in the BD, Sales, Product and Business Operations teams at AWS.
. Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide and overall vision and management to the engineering and product management teams
- Lead the development of the BD product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and product management to deliver products to market
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Drive product launches including working with executives, and other product management team members
- Manage the career development and progression of the engineering and product management team and leaders