Have you ever wondered what sort of systems and software power the world's largest e-Commerce catalog? At Amazon, literally, the whole world is our customer and this means our catalog is truly a 'global' catalog. Welcome to the world of Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS).
ASCS is part of the eCommerce Selection Systems at Amazon and builds and manages the backend systems that host the massive Amazon catalog and the tools to manage it. It is at the heart of Amazon's business. The scale and performance challenges being encountered have no precedence elsewhere, requiring us to constantly innovate cutting edge solutions. Amazon's sizzling double digit growth in business ensures that there is never a dull moment!
How do you communicate effectively with different countries and category leaders about catalog related programs and improvements. How do you draw the metrics relevant for their business and share with them. How do you increase the adoption of catalog programs within these business units, and also be the voice of these internal stakeholders within ASCS.
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, innovative Program/Product Manager to be the interface between our organization and these business units.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, proven, technical leaders; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible. You're still worried? Here are some things that we'd like to see:
- You are passionate, results-oriented, innovative Program/Product Manager
- You have experience in understanding needs of business and end customers and translating them into right solutions.
- You are able to engage with senior technology and business executives.
- You have experience in defining metrics for larger, more complex projects and productivity.
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to understand their catalog needs and use cases and help align their needs with ASCS Catalog solutions.
- Drive the ASCS teams to ensure that the stakeholder’s needs are being met as per the alignment. Collaborate with multiple ASCS teams and escalate internally if a team is not on-track for the agreed upon goals.
- On the other side, support the adoption of key ASCS programs by coordinating with key stakeholders from different countries and categories. Escalate with the country and category leadership as needed to make sure the right support is available for the ASCS programs.
- Produce high quality management reports targeted towards a country or category leadership, working across section of teams within ASCS.
- Work closely with the stakeholders from Countries and Categories to plan the Management Business Reporting meetings, agenda and follow-up on the next steps.
- Support the ASCS team internally in operationalize key metrics within the ASCS organization.
- Work with the technical teams to generate various reports and metrics.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.