The Amazon Global Merchant Tax Services team manages Seller experience and compliance enforcement relating to tax programs that impact Amazon Payments and Seller Services businesses. We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric team player to lead challenging and complex programs from conception to launch, maintain external facing positive and informative exposure, and launch new tax programs as laws and regulations evolve. The Program Manager will create and manage innovative international business solutions and will be responsible for driving key initiatives across the company with successful results.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
· Working broadly between Amazon business, technical, legal, and tax partners to develop automated solutions for complex problems.
· Creating innovative solutions.
· Managing and planning multi-team projects.
· Mining and analyzing data for metrics and decision support.
· Driving results by exercising judgment using available information.
· Driving alignment from multiple competing stakeholders.
· Writing requirements documents and ensuring clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business and development teams.
· Assisting in preparing key leadership and review documentation.
· Creating and maintaining the overall project roadmap, and managing prioritization and tradeoffs against customer experience.
· Measuring and analyzing existing systems for opportunities to innovate and improve by providing additional benefits to customers and reducing potential risks. Job Qualifications
The candidate will have succeeded in a high-growth environment and will have thrived in ambiguity and shifting priorities. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and effectively influence cross-functional teams. Merchant Tax Services requires
· Innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus.
· Demonstrated success in data intensive quantitative analysis and recommendations.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
· Proven ability to make smart trade-offs on time-to-market versus features and to respond to competitive threats/opportunities.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Tax, Legal, Program Management, Quality Assurance, Technology, and Senior Leadership.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
· Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary.