The Amazon Maps team builds maps for delivering packages to Amazon’s customers. The team owns a variety of technology to leverage different sources of geo-spatial data including crowd-sourced data to build and enrich maps. From statistical models for converting signals to road networks, learning models to react to real world changes, algorithms to merge seemingly disparate data-sets into simple data models, build scalable systems, and schemas to render maps – we solve problems that require a spectrum of skills.
As a leader on the team, you will be responsible guiding your team through the design, development, testing, and deployment of a range of products that will enable location awareness in Amazon logistics while ensuring reliability. In addition, you will build and manage the roadmaps for software teams, developing cutting edge experiences. You will have sound technical acumen, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and hire, build, and develop your team. You are a true owner - you are deeply interested in product design, architecture, and you innovate relentlessly on behalf of our customers. We have a very flat team structure, and offer a unique opportunity for technical leaders who want to work closely with the business in defining, designing, building and operating products that are used by millions of customers.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycles, influence software engineers best practices for your team and own operational metrics
- Create, prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Collaborate with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional team
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership and stakeholders
- Work closely with engineers and managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach while proposing and implementing new projects or system improvements
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions