The Alexa Data Services (ADS) team is seeking an Operations Manager to motivate and lead a team of Data Analysts processing spoken language data applied across multiple Amazon products and services.
The successful candidate will have a relentless desire to build a team culture, enhance productivity, and improve data quality and accuracy. The Operations Manager will directly manage Team Managers who in turn manage Data Analysts. This role will include: managing individual and team performance expectations and goals; provide individual coaching feedback sessions; maintaining and improving quality and throughput of data; and monitoring real-time productivity to meet weekly deliverables. You will also be responsible for working with third-party agencies and human resources to recruit team members, onboard new hires, and coordinate team training on workflows. The ideal candidate thrives on problem solving and has a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. You will implement solutions to drive quality and productivity while achieving real-time desired service levels. You will be responsible for analyzing and implementing solutions to challenging systemic issues. You will manage both people and processes:
• Manage operations on a day-to-day basis of 3-4 Team Managers who will manage 20 people each
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and procedures; responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees, and engaging in effective conflict resolution.
• Assist in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
• Communicate policies to team members and follow up to ensure compliance and consistency, taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
• Own and drive performance metrics with the team.
• Manage relationships with agencies and onsite HR to find qualified candidates under strict deadlines.
• Manage both on-site and remote team members as necessary to meet headcount demands.
• Adapt quickly to changing specifications and workflows.
• Track metrics around quality and productivity.
• Drive process improvements to enhance the operational efficiency of the team.
• Understand and effectively utilize resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
• Develop, analyze, and improve new strategies and procedures.
• Develop and achieve performance goals and objectives to achieve results.