At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Forza, and Bioshock.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Senior Network Programmer with real-time game networking experience and strong software engineering skills. The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming and enjoys iterating with artists and game designers to create smooth gameplay while hiding latency to deliver the highest quality multiplayer gaming experience. The Role
- Be responsible for developing, and deploying highly optimized new networking features. Ensure features are integrated cleanly with existing features and platform infrastructure.
- Be the advocate for the security of your customer’s information and experience.
- Own broad game networking feature areas end-to-end.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class player experience.
- Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.