Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, specialized solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity for our specialized services. In collaboration with the Specialized Sales Teams, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Global Specialized Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS such as services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for: Be great fun to work with.
At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things.
You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers. Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. In fact, it would be expected that you still maintain responsibility supporting customers as a Solutions Architect and can step in where required to provide technical expertise.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a key member of the Global Specialized Solutions Architecture management team, you will ensure success in helping customers accelerate their adoption of our specialized services
- In partnership with the specialized sales teams, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Step into a Solutions Architect role when required to support our customer base
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support