At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers
with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses.
We are seeking an energetic Manager for our Data Center Operations Engineering Team to serve as a technical resource/ lead within Amazon Data Centers. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of Data Center Engineering Operations. This candidate will oversee the site engineers and technicians with full control of daily operational tasks as well as any planned and emergency facility maintenance. They will be the primary escalation level for the troubleshooting of facility issues. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations.
The Manager, Data Center Facility Engineering will be called upon to oversee and have total ownership of scheduling, service, repairs, commissioning, and overall operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the data center. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% up time. The Data Center Engineering Operations Manager will assist in maintaining high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum
The Data Center Engineers are Amazon's front line when it comes to hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting. They will maintain, operate and troubleshoot the Operation's Mission Critical Facilities, which includes stand-by diesel generators and related fuel systems, 3 phase electrical systems that include but not limited to switchgear, UPSs, PDUs, wet cell batteries and associated systems, CRAC, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers/water chemical system, air handlers and associated systems, pumps, & motors.
- equipment failures
- equipment to improve performance and reliability
- heat transfer
- Design Solutions for a Data Center including but not limited to:
- rotating equipment - pumps, compressors, blowers, turbo-machinery
- pressure vessels - reactors, heat exchangers, boilers
- storage tanks
- piping systems
- HVAC systems
- Electrical distribution systems
- Test quality, performance, safety, and reliability of products, equipment, processes
Positions Available in SEA, SFO, PDX, CMH, and IAD