Amazon Alexa Skill Engineering.
We believe in creating voice-first experiences that deliver convenience to the lives of our customers and showcase the technical capabilities of the Alexa platform.
We design engaging interactions for customers to use just their voice to access their favorite services and products wherever they are.
We value the contributions from the developer ecosystem and support them with open source projects that reduce the time needed to get started building.
Our team advances the possibilities of voice-first experiences to help our customers achieve more - would you like to join us?
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and launch of Alexa skills. You will manage the production infrastructure to ensure nominal operation of these skills throughout their lifecycle.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, project management skills, solid communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You will be helping to hire to build your team and engineering platform.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; including day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.