Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform..
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers saves substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical data centers so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing strategic accounts with both start-ups and enterprise companies?
Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
As an Account Manager for Global Accounts, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in defined set of Global accounts.
The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. He/She is also expected to be working closely with his/her counterpart around the world to develop and execute against the account coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory.
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
· Develop and execute along with worldwide counterpart against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
· Accelerate customer adoption.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline & reporting.
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
· Possess the technical ability to explain (not implement) Cloud Computing, infrastructure solutions (Server, Storage, DC Services) & Internet architectures (firewalls, load balancers, etc).
· Develop case studies.
· Manage contract negotiations.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Develop account plan for key accounts and territory
· Ensure customer satisfaction (managing pre-sales and post sales customer experience)
Expect moderate travel within the country