Amazon seeks an experienced manager to lead certain accounting activities in China accounting team. This position will be responsible for proper and accurate accounting of certain business operations. It is expected the position will actively and frequently engage with other senior leaders in the accounting, finance, tax, technology and operation teams in multiple geographies.
This position will partner with the members of the global accounting organization to develop team-wide goals, process improvement initiatives, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency. In addition to accounting experiences and skills, the successful candidate will be a self-starter, a demonstrated leader, a collaborative team-player, and an excellent communicator.
The accounting team is also responsible for supporting the large number of new business initiatives by actively participating in the design of processes and systems that will be responsible for managing financial transactions. This position will consult, as needed, with the business and IT teams to define requirement to in order to support proper accounting and actively participate in the process discussions to ensure the accounting issues are addressed. Responsibilities include:
· Manage proper accounting of business activities and support month-end financial closing
· Make sure the proper reconciliation of accounts, resolve and close aging items on time
· Support new business initiatives and,
- Support tax audit,
· Work with local and global team to define the future process, document accounting requirement and participate in testing
· Raise accounting issues and coordinate with local and global team to find solutions
· Drives continuous improvement and identifies, designs and implements scalable processes. Develops and implements best practice that can be used globally.
· Is driven to be a mentor and coach to their team and is a bar-raising leader