Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to help drive its communications program. The AR Manager will create and drive strategy and tactics to effectively communicate key differentiators for AWS Marketplace and Service Catalog to the industry analyst relations community.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business. Our role is to inform these analysts and explain how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will be a creative and experienced analyst relations/communications professional for technology companies. The right candidate possesses analyst experience and a track-record of demonstrating successful AR program management – this includes the ability to quickly understand technically deep topics, successfully deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day operations related to program activities in a global organization. In this role, the candidate will have a direct opportunity to innovate AWS AR programs and measurement of results via new approaches. He/she must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, and identifying market challenges and opportunities for our customers.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute AR programs to educate the analyst community on AWS Marketplace and Services Catalog
- Proactively manage multiple vendor ratings, and secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports
- Drive analyst awareness of AWS Marketplace offerings and significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
- Deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, events, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
- Write presentations and prepare executives for engaging with analysts
- Driving alignment with sales, marketing and product engineering to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact
The role is based in Seattle, WA and will require periodic travel.