At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers
with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses.
Amazon is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The EOT serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. EOT’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
EOT’s are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems. Responsibilities:
· Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
· Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA.
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
· Able to work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 to 4 day work weeks).
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows.
*Positions available in VA,WA,OH,CA,OR