At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers
with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses.
Infrastructure Operations is looking for talented individuals to take on the challenges of supporting a large distributed data center operation. Individual will be part of a dynamic group of technicians supporting the latest in hardware technology and design. Responsible for performing device break-fix activities, participate in the on-call rotation and provide on-site assistance for device installations. Responsibilities:
· Hardware repair and replacement
· Compute rack installation
· Network and cable installation
· Provide 24/7 on call coverage on rotating schedule
· Assure security of facility and manage vendor access
· Monitoring site for capacity needs
· Manage work and priorities through ticketing system
· Manage parts inventory
Opportunities are available in:
San Fransisco, CA