Seeking a Leader for the Cloud Computing Operations team!
Would you like to drive the systems operations of the world’s largest scale cloud compute platform?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) builds and operates some of the largest internet infrastructure on the planet; providing companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can provision compute power, storage, database, and other cloud resources as your business demands them.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineering and Operations Leader to help us grow our systems organization. You are the ideal candidate if you are someone who is maniacal about high availability and high performance for your systems. You love to work with internal and external customers to execute projects and resolve issues. You are a believer in the dev-ops model of service engineering, and you are excited to run operations in an environment where developers don’t toss problems over the wall. And you are happiest when you are working with empowered, world-class engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the deployment and operation of AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) in regions with specialized security needs
- Report on the health of these services at an executive level
- Drive root cause analyses, and coach others on doing them, in collaboration with software development teams, as well as leading local development to improve operational performance
- Drive continual improvement in systems operations through tool building and automation
- Scale our services: lead the planning, hardware selection, costing, and provisioning of new capacity, including involvement in the sales process
- Participate in the definition of the roadmap for our services - including brand new ones - in collaboration with our product managers, other development and engineering managers, and engineers
- Define and drive projects and report on their progress
- Meet with customers to develop relationships and clarify requirements and schedules
- Create and refine the staffing and support plan for these regions
- Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems development and operations
- Work in an environment where operational excellence is truly the first priority, and where the degree of automation is astounding
- Brag to your friends that you are changing the world’s systems operations forever
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.