Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. We provide customers a fully-integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games. Kindle is the most wished for, the most gifted, and the #1 bestselling product across the millions of products we sell on Amazon. A major contributor to international revenues, selling to over 120 countries across the world, Kindle is a pioneer in the technological and digital space. The Kindle business continues to enjoy positive growth and is of strategic importance to Amazon with the stated mission ‘To have every book, ever written, in any language, available in 60 seconds or less’
. The Kindle vision is to reinvent reading while still emulating the best feature of the book – having it disappear in your hands so the reader gets lost in the author’s words.
Amazon seeks an experienced Sr. Finance Manager to lead the finance function within Worldwide Kindle Content team. The Kindle Content Team is truly global and multi-faceted, operating in 14 marketplaces around the world. The Kindle Content business is a book publisher as well as a retailer, and also provides a set of products and services for independent authors to make a living doing what they love. Our author teams’ stated mission is “We are here to empower authors to engage readers and achieve their dreams.”
We are also committed to innovation in digital reading, and invest in the reading experience on both Kindle devices and the Kindle App, which is available on all major iOS and Android devices.
The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment and will provide decision support and advice for key business leaders. The Sr. Finance Manager will be a key member of the Kindle Content leadership team, providing financial stewardship and analytical insights into key financial and operational performance metrics and building new processes to scale. Key Strategic Objectives
- Lead, manage and develop the Kindle Content Finance teams, which is comprised of high performing finance professionals that support the multi-faceted aspects of our global business.
- Partner with Business Leaders to provide advice, finance support, and drive process improvement throughout each organization. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to senior executives. Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust.
- Lead and execute all financial/accounting acquisition and integration decisions and subsequent workplans.
- Guide the core financial processes for the businesses, including Annual Operating Plans, Long Term Plans, and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and develop new processes and controls to support the global Kindle business.
- Identify operating improvements to build scalability, dive deep on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments, including key business development opportunities.
- Lead ad hoc analysis and new project evaluations, including structuring the problem, performing analysis, and presenting to senior executives.
- Lead and participate as a key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
- An ideal candidate will have experience in optimizing finance processes for speed, agility and insight.