Amazon Studios is at the forefront of the evolving media landscape, delivering hundreds of thousands of existing titles and original content to customers every day. The Mixed Reality
team is focused on defining next generation platforms and content. Apps, filmmaking, TV, games, storytelling, art, engineering, analytics; it all comes together on our team.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will solve a wide variety of technology challenges and mentor other engineers. You will become an expert in the latest Virtual and Mixed Reality platforms, including Daydream, Oculus, Vive and PlayStation VR. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables. You will help invent new features, design, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed clients and services. Making VR work well for our customers often means getting every last bit of performance out of devices. You will guide the team to making our code run smoothly and providing the highest quality experience.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems at scale. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- Build customer facing VR and AR applications across multiple platforms
- Writing solid code, making smart design decisions and building scalable software services
- Guide architecture and component choices to achieve best results
- Working across Amazon to creatively leverage existing services and APIs for our product
- Solving complex problems that have a large and direct impact to customers and high visibility