Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying technology and IT transformations within the automotive industry? Have you built and led successful, global IT consulting practices covering automotive customers? Do you have broad technical skills and experience to deliver AWS technologies and infrastructure solutions? Can you build and lead a global automotive technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our automotive customers?
At AWS, we’re hiring executive advisors and highly technical architects to help AWS partners develop technical expertise and capacity. We work with our partners on joint enterprise customer engagements around the world. Our AWS consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
We’re looking for an experienced IT consulting leader to build our automotive industry AWS global professional services specialty team. The team will be deep technically in their specialty area. The role will build a team of global AWS automotive experts and travel internationally as needed to support our customers. They will have a strong combination of relevant industry and technical experience plus exceptional people skills. They will be fast learners and effective coaches. They will collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams to introduce and refine new platform web services for the largest enterprises. The team will harvest, package and publish automotive best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS partners to accelerate their transition to a cloud based IT model using AWS.
· Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and platform adoption for automotive customers on the AWS platform. Provide leadership on various IT disciplines such as AWS architectures, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and the integration of AWS services to support customer global requirements.
· Build and lead great teams - attract top technical talent with automotive experience to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on AWS technical specialty. Assemble and develop the very best in the world.
· Develop partnerships – proactively develop industry solution maps for the automotive specialty and engage the leading solution and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
· Learn and teach – build an AWS automotive global industry team. Work with the global AWS professional services leadership team to hire, develop, train, and enable the AWS practices delivering to automotive customers. Work with them to learn the newest platform services quickly. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
· Make new markets – develop the engagement model for driving the design wins on AWS platform web services, to open new market segments and clear the way for cloud-based IT using AWS in the automotive industry.
· Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
· Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of deeply technical engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors, enabling breakthrough business outcomes for customers.