The Senior Manager, Postal Public Policy, will have the responsibility to help develop, execute, and manage government affairs advocacy objectives and political priorities for Amazon’s postal and issues at the federal level. The Senior Manager will represent Amazon before Congress, state legislatures, U.S. Postal Service, Postal Regulatory Commission other federal agencies, and relevant state agencies to establish, enhance, and preserve key Amazon corporate relations with Members of Congress and their staff, Administration officials and their staff, and other policymakers.
In helping to set the public policy and advocacy agenda for Amazon’s logistics and postal issues, the Senior Manager will work collaboratively and transparently with others in public policy, and business units to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. The Senior Manager will assess and communicate potential government activities back to the business, develop mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions, and help coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives. The Senior Manager will be responsible for effectively educating legislators, key agency officials, and their staffs on postal and transportation issues.
As appropriate, the Senior Manager will work with others on the public policy team to facilitate high-level meetings between executives and key stakeholders, including congressional, regulatory, and industry association and alliance partners, to promote and advocate the company’s public policy objectives. The Senior Manager will work with others in public policy to determine, maintain, and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and political organizations. Key Strategic Objectives
Working in coordination with Amazon’s public policy team, the Senior Manager, Public Policy, will work to obtain and maintain, regulatory, and policy flexibility for Amazon’s postal, transportation and logistics efforts. S/he will work closely with the Director, Transportation Public Policy, and others, to represent Amazon on various postal, transportation and logistics issues before Congress, U.S. Postal Service, Postal Regulatory Commission, and federal and state agencies to preserve, establish, and enhance communications with policymakers on issues related to our business. Focus and Deliverables for first 12 Months
· Work collaboratively and transparently with Amazon’s public policy team to ensure alignment between core business priorities and public policy goals.
· Anticipate challenges/obstacles our business could face as the public policy landscape evolves.
· Ensure policymaker awareness of Amazon’s postal, transportation and logistics business efforts. Start to effect change and drive policymaking that will ultimately benefit our customers. Help manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, and key initiatives in concert with business objectives.
· Help facilitate high-level meetings with key stakeholders, including Congressional, regulatory, industry association, and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policy priorities.
· Help determine and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations and political organizations, and help ensure appropriate utilization of outside consultants.