You’ve read the comics. You've watched the movies. You’ve always wanted to be a force for good over evil. Come lead the development organization to protect Amazon and its customers by keeping unwanted activity off Amazon’s platforms. Our organization is building secure systems that keep Amazon and its customers safe. The systems you build will identify and prevent unlawful activity, and you will be challenged to make them scale to the exponential growth of Amazon. We are successful when we enable Amazon customers and sellers to more easily use the products we support.
At the end of the day we make the world a better place by preventing unlawful activity on our platform, and make it easier for normal sellers and buyers to safely and seamlessly conduct their business. The successful candidate will look at the big picture from both a business and technical perspective, and lead the organization in developing new software to support Amazon businesses.
You will build systems that leverage unique storage systems such as graph database technologies, and build a sophisticated rules management intelligence platform for our compliance and risk evaluations.
You will leverage Machine Learning to build systems that understand account holders' behavior and detect changes in that pattern and autoamte risk based decisions.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in our strategic business planning working closely with senior executives. You will influence our long-term technical and business strategy, help us hire talented team of engineers, and ultimately enable us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of multiple technology teams, including setting the technical vision for developing platform systems to serve Amazon Payments product needs.
- Build and manage great software engineers and managers that are responsible for developing and maintaining software.
- Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Establish a consistent, project management framework and excellent development processes to deliver high quality software, in rapid iterations, for business partners in multiple geographies.
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision.
- Be responsible for mentoring and developing engineers.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
- Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate proficiently and concisely to different audiences.