At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Training department as a Learning Manager. The Learning Manager will oversee multiple Sort Centers in the country and execute company policies and ensure that consistence practices are followed. In addition, they partner with the regional operations team in our network.
The Learning Manager is an active member of the NASC ACES Operations Learning team, driving and supporting network-wide initiatives. Successful candidates will have a creative, true hands-on approach, as well as strong knowledge of warehousing/manufacturing, instructional design, Learning Management Systems and data-driven, analytical thinking skills. In addition, effective presentation and persuasion skills are a must. This role requires the ability to influence without authority.
The Learning Manager will:
Actively manage a team of training specialists including their deployment, development and productivity. Ensure that the work of the team and individuals is continually aligned to meet internal customer’s needs. Act as a proactive and productive liaison/partner with the corporate NASC ACES Operations Learning Department consistently seeking to make a positive impact on key business safety, quality, productivity, and customer experience metrics.
• Foster the development and growth of Amazon employees (i.e., mentoring, teaching, etc.).
• Create and implement training programs for associates, managers, trainers and others (i.e., participating in and conducting needs analysis, skills development classes, cross-training, etc.).
• Facilitate orientation and training classes; communicate policies and procedures to managers and new employees as needed.
• Ensure that the Learning Department creates/updates accurate and useful information for Training schools, PMVs, SJIs, and other training aids/visuals.
• Actively seek, clarify and understand information from Operations and Area Managers that leads to an understanding and ownership of Sortation Center performance and goals and required YOY improvements and provide training assistance where necessary in order to achieve these goals. Fully understand workflow, daily production goals and reports used to drive the business.
• React quickly and efficiently to production imperatives, scheduling conflicts and network-wide rollouts.
• Ensure and drive best practices standardization across all departments and sites.
• Ensure network standard training programs are implemented and consistently utilized as required in the fulfillment center.
Execution & Analysis:
• Ensure that training is tracked and recorded, including progress and skill sets.
• As needed, manage grant proposals including implementation, tracking and relationship management.
• Create, manage and update training content and associate compliance audits.
• Administer methods for gathering and tracking training metrics.
• Analyze and understand data to suggest improvements for training and operations.
• Track and communicate Learning Department goals, assignments and progress locally and at a network level.
• Take ongoing responsibility for ensuring that the Sortation Center is operating safely and take immediate action to correct where necessary.
• Owner of PIT Training Program and maintains proper documentation related to PIT certification.