Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Development Engineer for the EC2 development team in Seattle. Our team owns the development and deployment of the software the supports the global EC2 infrastructure.
You should be an engineer who is focused on developing internal services written in Python, C, or a similar language. You also have a comfortable understanding of Linux, networking and cloud services. As always, at Amazon you should have a drive to create the best customer experience possible, with the customers being both AWS customers and the other engineers at AWS who will benefit from the automation you create.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
This position is perfect for you if you’re interested in creating tools and automation so that engineers can be as hands-off as possible. We are not looking for engineers that are interested in performing operational work all day but instead engineers who thrive on creating automation to reduce the operational workload.
- Automate select build, test, and operational tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Development teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in entry level interviewing