We are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Amazon Logistics HR Team and participate in the design and development of creative and innovative analytics and data visualizations. The HR Reporting and Analytics BI engineer will support solutions that provide business performance reporting and analysis capability for Amazon’s specialty HR organization that includes Amazon Logistics, Amazon Fresh, PrimeNow, and Campus. Building a fleet of robust reporting capability to support locations and lines of business globally is the primary focus. The successful candidate will be analytical, have a strong customer focus and a passion for process improvement.
First things first, you know SQL and data modeling like the back of your hand. You have a history of coming up with innovative solutions to complex technical problems. You are a quick and willing learner of new technologies and have examples to prove your aptitude. You are not tool-centric; you determine what technology works best for the problem at hand and apply it accordingly. You can explain complex concepts to your non-technical customers in simple terms.
Join the Amazon Logistics HR team and turn your dream BI Engineer job into reality as we are building innovative solutions and advanced reporting services built around AWS technology.
You are analytical.
You are creative.
You love data.
You feel the data.
You tell a story with the data.
You will have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- See what others are not able to see – identify existing issues with processes, discover hidden opportunities Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation