Who We Are
Since 1994, Amazon has evolved from a single retail website to become a global development platform as well as an e-commerce and publishing partner. Innovation is in our DNA, and we constantly seek out the world’s brightest minds to research and develop new solutions to improve the lives of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Because that's what being Earth's most customer-centric company is all about, and it's still Day One at Amazon. Job Description
The International Consumer and Kindle Content (ICKC) organizations have their presence across multiple geographies around the world. The teams have ambitious plans of expanding into new geographies in the coming years and comprise of employees with a wide variety skills in both technology and non-technology work streams. Many of the current and upcoming roles would ideally be suited for experienced internal candidates. The Talent Development (T&D) function anchors all the talent management and development programs for this organization across geographies. A key constituent of the T&D charter is driving Global Talent Mobility Programs. This mobility team plays a pivotal role in creating a fly wheel of talent that can easily be identified and moved across geographies to meet our business expansion plans which in turn enriches employee experience through development. This team owns building, sustaining, and improving mechanisms that help the organizations meet their talent needs through internal mobility.
We are looking for a Seattle-based Leader to lead the Global Talent Mobility Programs team.
This role is tasked with end to end ownership of all internal mobility programs across a large, matrixed, international business organization to provide talent solutions for key leadership positions. The role will have three key areas of focus 1) Talent Advisory: This aspect involves building and sustaining talent mapping mechanisms by matching employee skills and aspirations to business needs. This involves engaging with business leaders to understand their talent requirements and with employees providing them with understanding of the opportunity landscape. 2) Branding: This primary goal of this focus area is to drive awareness and participation in the various internal mobility mechanisms. This involves ownership of branding of the internal mobility programs and overseeing content design for internal communications in order to build awareness about internal job opportunities globally in partnership with external branding and internal recruiting teams. 3) Culture Building: This role additionally owns developing mechanisms and programs to sustain, enrich and embed Amazon’s unique culture across the ever expanding scale and diversity of the ICKC team. With the steep growth curve anticipated in the years to come this aspect is critical in ensuring that the core DNA of the organization does not get diluted.
The person in this role will report to the Global Leader for T&D for IC KC. Areas of responsibility include:
· Team leadership and mentoring.
· Ownership of roadmap, strategy, program development and offering management to create and sustain best in class talent mobility platforms for your stakeholders
· Developing and presenting new proposals, data and impact analysis to Senior business and HR Leadership.
· Holding senior leadership accountable for executing programs to improve employee experience.
· Driving improvements in employee awareness, trust and participation in progams
· Weekly, monthly, and quarterly mobility reviews.
· Support global to localize programs where relevant and improve our standard processes, provide project intervention and coaching, etc.
· Manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills A successful candidate will demonstrate:
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, our projects, and opportunities to improve the outcomes of our largest strategic projects and programs