Want to build and support one of the largest solutions for managing employees worldwide? Come and join the People Technology team. We are looking for an experienced System Engineer who is adaptable to support various systems deployed in multiple environments globally. The scale and growth of the systems we support provide continued opportunities to tackle new and challenging problems.
This team supports internally developed software, as well as Peoplesoft and Kronos applications. You are expected to hit the ground running, and continue to learn and grow your skillset to handle complex issues that arise from such large scale application installations which are growing at a record pace.
High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact across various groups.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production system issues and then developing long term solutions to prevent issue reoccurrence. You will also develop monitoring solutions, perform system maintenance and configuration to proactively prevent issues. You will implement fixes for internally developed code, perform SQL queries, track and resolve technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
- Manage and grow innovative, production-quality tools to solve real operational problems, in PowerShell, Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Java, etc.
- Investigate complicated technical issues programmatically, and assist in fixing them so they don't come back
- Understand how a global application stack works from top to bottom
- Know how to provide technical solutions to real business problems in a global organization
- Provide guidance and implement security enhancements
- Strong working knowledge of database usage
- Calmly and quickly diagnose and fix critical systems issues in high pressure situations
This candidate will be primarily responsible for implementing & supporting the Kronos Application System as well as providing production support for other Human Resource systems, including PeopleSoft and customer applications.