Manager, Customer Experience – Amazon Global Selling
Do you want to solve complex global challenges? Are you looking for a diverse team that has a lot of fun? If you answered yes to both questions, this is the right team for you. Amazon Global Selling (AGS) is seeking an entrepreneurial, customer-obsessed Program Manager to invent solutions that will ensure high quality products are listed on the Amazon platform.
Our vision at Amazon Global Selling is to bring worldwide selection at the lowest price to our customers by helping third party sellers (including entrepreneurs, manufacturers, and brand owners) navigate the complexities of international trade. True to Amazon’s tenets, customer and seller obsession are always at the forefront of our decisions. We innovate and design our services and tools with a focus on customer and seller experience, followed by our focus on technology and worldwide scalability. This often includes solving problems across a broad array of fields, ranging from international shipping and logistics to language localization and cultural differences. In the process, we also partner with regional teams throughout the world, resulting in various opportunities for international travel. AGS is a rapidly-growing, diverse team, operating in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. Visit www.amazon.com/ags to learn more about Amazon Global Selling. "To further globalize Marketplace, we’re now helping sellers in each of our geographies – and in countries where we don’t have a presence – reach out to our customers in countries outside their home geographies. We hosted merchants from more than 100 different countries last year, and helped them connect with customers in 185 nations. Almost one-fifth of our overall third-party sales now occur outside the sellers’ home countries, and our merchants’ cross-border sales nearly doubled last year. In the EU, sellers can open a single account, manage their business in multiple languages, and make products available across our five EU websites. More recently, we’ve started consolidating cross-border shipments for sellers and helping them obtain ocean shipping from Asia to Europe and North America at preferential, bulk rates."
- Jeff Bezos’ 2015 annual letter to Amazon shareholders:
In this role, you will support several key initiatives and will play a critical role in growing the AGS customer experience program. You will develop strategies to ensure the products listed on the Amazon website follow our customer experience/quality criteria. You will create and manage the product roadmap, and drive the product to obtain your long-term vision. You will take on challenging program management assignments with high visibility and autonomy. You will work closely with other product managers, software development managers, and developers to achieve critical business goals.
A successful candidate will have experience managing complex business and technical challenges, and have the ability to influence and successfully drive initiatives forward. You have a strong bias toward data driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and to each other. You are a product leader who has the ability to communicate priorities and work effectively with stakeholders, including teams across engineering, product, legal, finance, and business. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving challenging problems. You will tackle novel, challenging situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations.
- Build, develop and manage the product roadmap for initiatives/features enhancing customer experience - define product vision and strategies supported by internal and external analysis.
- Actively build relationships with technical program managers, product managers, and engineers to deliver on your product roadmap
- Collaborate with internal Amazon businesses around the globe to define new requirements and deliver on your product roadmap
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, product, and technical goals
- Make prioritization and trade-off decisions balancing seller experience, developer experience, and business value.
- Investigate issues from different sources, do root cause analysis, identify systemic gaps and ensure these gaps are addressed.
- Operate autonomously; drive programs end to end including business goals, technical solution, legal, and all customer and seller-facing aspects.
- Create the developer tools and documentation for internal Amazon businesses